Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The New Gucci


After watching the Gucci Spring/Summer 2017 show I was left with my jaw hanging to the floor. Gucci has never been one of my top favorite designers but over the past years, a few pieces have caught my attention. I have to admit that I have never fallen in love with a full collection until now. After watching the 70’s inspired show I couldn’t help but think, “Has Gucci changed their creative director?” and after a little research, I was introduced to Mr. Alessandro Michele. 

Alessandro Michele was given full control over Gucci in January 2015. In just under two years he has brought Gucci back from the dead. Not that it ever really died but he brought a new life to a classic brand. I was not surprised to find out that Michele had been with Gucci since 2002 while under the direction of Tom Ford. Working under the direction of one of the greatest designers of all time and my personal favorite, his awesomeness was bound to rub off.
“I am trying to cause a little revolution inside the company—to push another language, a different way to talk about beauty and sexiness, which is an old word. It’s about sensuality now…” Causing a revolution is exactly what Alessandro has done. He has redefined what the Gucci brand stands for and I love every bit of it. 

Tweed jackets, flares, tiered chiffon dresses; glitter glasses and platform footwear took me on a journey to the “Modern Future” which was detailed on a few pieces throughout the collection. I love when fashion tells a story; it’s what draws me in. This story Alessandro describes, “You know, when you are in love, in a nightclub, but you are not in the right place, the person is not there?” is a story I know all too well, looking and finding love in all the wrong places. But a plaid Gucci short set is the perfect ending to this story.


Photos Courtesy Of:
W Magazine.com
Vogue.com
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Trinae' Florencia. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig