Friday, December 23, 2016

I Almost Forgot About You


As a child, my mother had a collection of Terry McMillan novels “Waiting to Exhale” “How Stella Got Her Groove back” and “Disappearing Acts” just to name a few. I remember trying to read them as a kid not understanding what was going on in the books. It wasn’t until I was a little older I realized these books had been turned into some of my favorite movies. 
Now as an adult, I’m happy to say I completed my first Terry McMillan novel. I’m so happy I picked this book up. I read mostly self-help books so to finally read a feel-good novel was refreshing.  The writing is humorous, full of sass, reminisces, failures and regrets, personal triumphs and lessons that all woman can relate too. Though the book was based around a woman in her 50’s I feel that it’s a book women from young to older can enjoy. “I Almost Forgot About You” is a beautiful story about never giving up on true love or your dreams. If you're looking for a good novel to read I highly recommend "I Almost Forgot About You" 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'll add this one to my list of must reads. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

© Trinae' Florencia. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig